PETA urges people to stop using ‘anti-animal language’
06 December, 2018, 00:25 | Author: Wade Massey
So, that means they want you to stop saying "kill two birds with one stone", and instead say you're going to "feed two birds with one scone".
The tweet led to outrage online, with Hannah Else believes that changing idioms is not the solution.
The organization captioned its helpful chart with "Words matter, and as our understanding of social justice evolves, our language evolves along with it".
Between animal testing, growing global meat consumption and the fur trade, one would think the group has its hands full enough not to play language police, especially since "removing speciesism from your daily conversations" seems to be even tougher for people to stomach than removing meat from their diets.
The group suggested that some commonly-used turns of phrase are anti-animal and that they should be removed and replaced.
PETA is encouraging people to embrace more animal friendly language with a list of alternatives to popular phrases. Instead of "curiosity killed the cat", for example, one Twitter user suggested "curiosity thrilled the cat".
Most people responding to the tweets are calling the suggestions ridiculous.
Joey Gall added: "PETA introduced me to the term "speciesism" today which 1) is not a thing and 2) diminishes the legitimacy of racism, sexism and classism that many still don't quite recognize".
It spots tiny amounts of DNA floating through vessels that could only have come from tumors and not from healthy cells. The research has been supported by a grant from the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
The second-biggest deal by value in the consumer goods space is that of Diageo picking up majority stake in United Spirits. It also includes acquisition of certain other commercial operations and assets outside India , it added.
In a completely unrelated note, in January 2017 Giuliani had been named by Trump as an "informal adviser on cybersecurity". The clever critic bought the domain space and used it to post the message, " Donald J Trump is a traitor to our country ".
Cricket Australia took to Twitter to share the pictures of Archie training alongside the team before the start of the first Test. On Archie's arrival at Adelaide Oval, he got his Australian jersey and trained with the side.
A total of 15 celebrities from the south Indian film industry made it to the list, with Kollywood contributing eight actors. Salman, 52, cemented his place in the top spot thanks to the commercial success of his movies Tiger Zinda Hai and Race 3 .
Overall, 24 million people in Yemen - roughly 75 per cent of the population - will need humanitarian assistance in 2019. Yemen has been wracked by violence since 2014, when the Houthi rebel group overran much of the country.
Huawei the Chinese smartphone giant, touted to be the second biggest Android smartphone firm in terms of smartphone sales. Coming back to the Huawei Nova 4 , it is speculated that the handset will be equipped with an LCD display.
Tampa Bay also took advantage of an early takeaway when Cairo Santos hit a 35-yard field goal following Adams' interception. Newton has thrown for 2,699 yards, 22 touchdowns, and seven touchdowns along with 417 rushing yards and four touchdowns.
His 1-under 287 was one stroke better than Japan's Hideki Matsuyama , who shot a 3-over 75 to close out his tournament. The Spaniard is now 10 under, level with Stenson at the top after the 2016 Open champion carded a 66.
Developers will get to keep 88 percent of the revenue for a game sold at the store, with Epic taking the other 12 percent. The company says it'll add more games and open the Store on Android and "other open platforms" after the initial launch.
One such rumor was the recent claim that Travis Scott cheated on Kylie Jenner after a photo surfaced of him with another woman. Of course, haters soon began to slam him for allegedly cheating on his gorgeous baby mama, Kylie Jenner , 21.
XFL announces inaugural home cities
Murphy confirmed that a third football team will be utilizing the stadium when the XFL returns in 2020. But to the dismay of fans across the region, the Rams moved back to Los Angeles for the 2016 season.
Soros school says being forced out of Hungary
Ignatieff said all new students will attend classes in Vienna , but he hopes to maintain a Budapest campus. Arbitrary eviction of a reputable university is a flagrant violation of academic freedom.
Chevrolet Silverado HD looks as brutish and bulky as ever
Also, compared to its 1500 sibling, the HD model is nearly entirely different, as the two trucks have only their roofs in common. Brian Izard, lead designer on the project, says Chevrolet wanted to "visually capture the power and capability" of its new truck.